Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Table Talk

Try this at home: Tonight at dinner I decided to interview my children to see how much they knew about my career.

Me: Do you guys know what Daddy does for work?

Kids: No.

Me: Do you know where Daddy works?

Kids: No.

Me: Do you remember coming to my office?

Kids: Yes.

Me: Let me ask you about my office. What color is my chair?

Kids: Brown.

Me: What pictures do I have up on my wall?

Kids: Pictures of the family and a drawing of a rattlesnake.

Should I be surprised that the things they remember most about my career are the office chair I spun them in, the family pictures they took for Father's Day, and the drawing of a rattlesnake my son drew for me?

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I think this teaches an important lesson. It's what we do with them that is important. We can spend hours doing things for them but what they really want is for us to be with them. Good post.
-Kath