Sunday, January 22, 2012

Question 2: How Does Daddy Act When He Gets Home?

I thought the responses to this question were especially insightful. Enjoy.



I had a feeling that my son would say what he did. He's mentioned it (and I've blogged about it) before. It's true that after a certain point, it's time to get down to business, meaning bed, and that requires some nudging. In more direct terms, once it's time to get down to business, I become Charlie Brown's mom to them. In fact, I'm not sure they can even hear me when I speak sometimes. There is hardly anything more frustrated than repeating yourself or just plain being ignored. On the other hand, they are kids, so they need some time and patience when asked to do something, and probably a little gentle nudging. What I wonder now is whether I need to adjust my nudging so that it isn't so memorable for the wrong reasons.

No comments: